Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Unusual Cartoons in the PI and Times

In a break from character, the PI had this cartoon by Lisa Benson on their opinion page. Of course, I couldn't find it on the PI web site, nor on the Washington Post site (who distributed it). The cartoon was the only reference in the paper that I saw about great job that General Petraeus did in his presentation. I was surprised that the opinion editor ran this, since the op-ed title was "Iraq War - Still a fiasco".

This Get Fuzzy cartoon from Sunday edition of The Seattle Times won a place of honor on the family refrigerator, and we are still quoting our favorite lines to each other three days later. Way to go Darby! My favorite is the "tax my tuna" line, the default political option here in the Seattle area.

Of course, I imagine that this will be the last time that we will get to see either cartoonist in these papers.

No comments: